Since July, 2021, Grace Church has been a distribution site for the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. On the first Saturday of each month (with the exception of months when major holidays may affect the date), Grace will host the Country Six Food Pantry from 9:00 - 11:00 am. The 'truck to trunk' format previously used will be continued.
Volunteers are needed monthly on distribution day.
Contact the church office (724-330-5350; firstname.lastname@example.org to help out.
For more information about the GPCFB, go to pittsburghfoodbank.org
If you'd like to support the Country Six Pantry financially, make check payable to GPCFB and write "Country Six" in the memo line. Mail to: GPCFB, 11 North Linden Street, Duquesne, PA 15110.
To receive the regular monthly portion distributed, simply come to Grace Church parking lot on the first Saturday of each month (barring a major holiday between 9 AM - 11 AM.
2022 Distribution Dates
9:00 am - 11:00 am
February 12 - (TIME CHANGE FOR THIS MONTH ONLY - 9:30 - 11:30 AM)
July 9 **** (Note this is the SECOND Saturday of July. Change due to 4th of July weekend)
September 10 **** (Note this is the SECOND Saturday of September. Change due to Labor Day weekend)
If you have an emergency need, help is available. Some of these options require internet access. If you do not have internet access, visit any local, public library where you can use their computers.
- Contact the GPCFB call center for help evaluating options available to you at 412-460-3663, ext. 655.
- You may visit one of the other distributions in Washington County and receive the normal, monthly portion of food. Go to Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank's website at pittsburghfoodbank.or/get-help/ locator to find the next distribution. Enter your zip code and scroll down to view the upcoming distributions. Go to that location and tell the volunteers that you missed your regular distribution at the Country Six distribution.
- Food Helpers (formerly GWCFB), 909 National Pike West, Brownsville, PA 15417. (724-632-2190). They offer five Truck to Trunk distributions across the county. Go to foodhelpers.org/distributions to sign up and see when the next distribution will occur. Food Helpers also has a Short Term Emergency Program (STEP). Go to foodhelpers.org/step to sign up.
- GPFCB's Compassion Corner offers emergency assistance Monday - Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. Go to orderahead.org and enter your zip code for more information and to select the food items you would like or call 412-460-3663, ext. 557. Walk-ins are also welcome. (1 North Linden Street, Duquesne)
- The Mon Valley Salvation Army, 800 Thompson Avenue, Donora, PA 15033 (724-684-4282) No registration needed for this program. NOTE THE NEW LOCATION
- City Mission Samaritan Care Center, 84 West Wheeling Street, Washington (724-222-8530) also offers food assistance to qualified low income individuals and families once a week and is open on Tuesdays through Thursdays from 10 am - 3 pm.
- The Washington Salvation Army, 60 East Maiden Street, Washington - call first! 724-225-5740
The Greater Washington County Food Bank is now known as FoodHelpers. They offer may different programs to not only feed the hungry but helps the hungry and at-risk. For more information, go to foodhelpers.org; 724-632-2190.