Beginning July, 2021, Grace Church will be a distribution site for the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank. On the first Saturday of each month (with the exception of months when major holidays may effect the date), Grace will host the Country Six Food Pantry from 9:00 - 11:00 am. The 'truck to trunk' format previously used will be continued.
Volunteers are needed monthly on distribution day.
Contact the church office (724-330-5350; firstname.lastname@example.org to help out.
For more information about the GPCFB, go to pittsburghfoodbank.org
Distribution dates for the remainder of 2021: (9:00 - 11:00 am)
July - JUNE 26
September - AUGUST 28
If you'd like to support the Country Six Pantry financially, make check payable to GPCFB and write "Country Six" in the memo line. Mail to: GPCFB, 11 North Linden Street, Duquesne, PA 15110.
To receive the regular monthly portion distributed, simply come to Grace Church parking lot on the first Saturday of each month (barring a major holiday such as September's distribution will take place on AUGUST 28 due to Labor Day) between 9 AM - 11 AM.
If you have an emergency need, help is available. Some of these options require internet access. If you do not have internet access, visit any local, public library where you can use their computers. If you need assistance using a computer, visit Jane at the Brownsville Free Public Library for help.
- Contact the GPCFB call center for help evaluating options available to you at 412-460-3663, ext. 655.
- If you've missed Grace's distribution, check out GPCFB's locator tool where you will find upcoming distributions in Washington County.
- Food Helpers (formerly GWCFB) has a Short-Term Emergency Program that may be able to provide assistance. Contact them at 724-632-2190; foodhelpers.org, under the "Food Bank" link, click the "Short Term Emergency Program" or check out other options of assistance they have available.
- GPFCB's Compassion Corner offers emergency assistance Monday - Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. Go to orderahead.org and enter your zip code for more information and to select the food items you would like or call 412-460-3663, ext. 557. Walk-ins are also welcome. (1 North Linden Street, Duquesne)
- The Monessen Salvation Army offers emergency food boxes. Additionally - on Tuesdays they offer a grab and go bread & sweets bag, with any extra donations they have received during the week from 1 pm until the bags are gone. No registration needed for this program. They are located at 308 Schoonmaker Avenue, Monessen - 724-684-4282.
- City Mission Samaritan Care Center, 84 West Wheeling Street, Washington (724-222-8530) also offers food assistance to qualified low income individuals and families once a week and is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 am - 3 pm.
- The Washington Salvation Army, 60 East Maiden Street, Washington - call first! 724-225-5740
The Greater Washington County Food Bank is now known as FoodHelpers. They offer may different programs to not only feed the hungry but helps the hungry and at-risk. For more information, go to foodhelpers.org; 724-632-2190.